It is my highest pursuit of attainment to achieve a terminal degree in nursing, so that I may be in a position to better serve communities and patients, with whom I am committed to providing progressive and high-quality care. While furthering my education, I would like to continue to practice nursing in a variety of settings, enhancing my clinical knowledge and promoting the health of patients.
- RN at Avalon Valley Rehabilitation in Salt Lake City (March 2020- Present)
I became proficient in my nursing role and increased my knowledge of a broad range of clinical skills. I develop and implement appropriate care plans, as well as maintain extensive medical records within CMS guidelines. I have trained multiple nurses on the job. I provide quality care across the continuum, by communicating with members of the care team and ensuring safe transfers and discharges.
- Travel LPN and RN with Staffers, LLC (February 2020- Present)
As a travel nurse, I have had opportunities to work in many diverse settings, including home health, long-term care, psychiatric units, and Covid-19 units. I have educated patients on how to manage their chronic diseases and thrive at home. I dedicated myself to providing quality care to those affected by Covid-19. I honed my nursing skills to become flexible and adaptive to the requirements of any environment.
- Float CNA at South Davis Community Hospital (March 2018-September 2018)
I worked in multiple units: long-term, rehabilitation, and acute care. I monitored vitals closely and addressed the needs of patients and comfort measures.
Leadership and Service Experience:
Covid-19 Infection Control Team- Avalon Valley Rehab (March 2020- Present): Worked in conjunction with administrators and nurse management, in this infection control team, to prepare the facility to protect patients and initiate precautions in compliance with the Joint Commission and UDOH standards. Contributed evidence-based research to setting up quarantined units, and facilitated communication and compliance with staff.
Diabetic Educator- Living Well Program Utah (December 2019- January 2020): This 6-week volunteer position was in a classroom setting with diabetic adults, with whom I provided tools and education to empower self-management techniques and goal development with their providers.
Volunteer at the Children’s Hospital of Orange County (July 2012 – August 2014): Experienced patient hospitality and care. Directed patient interaction within the oncology unit and coordinated with hospital team members to create a positive experience for patients. It was in this position that I cultivated a passion for patient care.
Bachelors in Nursing expected graduation date Spring 2021 from the University of Utah
Nursing A.S. (Salt Lake Community College, 2020) 3.8 Nursing GPA
LPN Coursework (Salt Lake Community College, 2019)
Health Science A.S. (Salt Lake Community College, 2018)
Clinical Rotation Experience: (300+ hours)
- RN Capstone: University of Utah Cardiac ICU
- LPN Capstone: Jordan Valley Medical Center Med-Surg Unit
- University of Utah Hospital ICU, Rehabilitation, Neuro Acute, Cardiovascular
- VA Salt Lake Hospital Cardiac, ICU, Preoperative, OR
- Primary Children’s Hospital PICU
- St. Joseph’s Villa Long-term care and Rehabilitation
- University Neuropsychiatric Institute Adult Acute, and Detox
- Marian Center Psychiatric Senior Care
- IMC labor and delivery, Operating Room
American Heart Association
American Nurses Association (Utah)
Association for Utah Community Health
National Association for Community Health Workers
Certifications and Licensure:
Registered Nurse License (UT): 11371754-3102
Certified BLS/AED provider, 2020-2022
Certified Diabetic Educator (AHA), 2019-2021
Interests and Hobbies:
- Staying up-to-date on current events and cutting-edge healthcare topics by reading the NY Times, weekly Medscape Nursing articles, and other professional research
- Learning and practicing Spanish so that I can become fluent and a better patient communicator
- Cooking large spreads for my family. Spicy chicken tikka masala and authentic Italian spaghetti and meatballs are my specialties.
- Acrylic art pouring and canvas painting, mixing different additives and bases to create unique textures, provides me with a creative outlet.